The Mediterranean International University seeks to be an educational edifice for teaching and research, with competitive advantage and global rating.
The mission of MIU is providing educational programs in accordance with the quality assurance standards in a society of knowledge for the cognitive, technical and moral preparation of qualified human cadres who can meet the changing needs of the local and international labor market; enriching the scientific research with theoretical knowledge and practical contribution to solving local and regional problems and supporting the national economy; and the optimum use of advanced technology through a stimulating learning environment for research and innovation and the development of human capital.
The objectives of MIU programs are to
1. provide high quality academic programs according to local and international standards and the pursuit of excellence in the implementation of these programs.
2. offer higher-education opportunities to students holding secondary school certificate and its equivalent – who are interested in deeper and more specialized, purposeful knowledge.
3. prepare graduates who are highly qualified, familiar with the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills and are able to compete in the labor market in their field.
4. have qualified faculty members who are experienced and distinguished in their profession and scientific research production.
5. provide a supportive learning environment that helps students to acquire theoretical and practical knowledge, and which is encouraging and well suited to the special needs of the educational process for each specialization.
6. promote and create a spirit of inquiry and creative innovation among students and provide training programs that equip students with the skills of scientific research.
7. enrich the academic library with research that studies the various issues, especially in the local environment, and proposes solutions.
8. provide appropriate environment for faculty members to continue their professional development programs.
9. participate in the academic and scientific events both locally and internationally, and organize scientific and cultural workshops, seminars, and public lectures.
10. build a local and international organizational structure which supports the establishment of international branches according to the needs of the Libyan and Arab communities.
11. activate partnership and cooperation with scientific and academic institutions, locally, regionally and internationally, regarding academic programs in various fields and academic levels and exchange of expertise and consultation with them.
12. optimize the use of information technology, tele-communication and computer science to benefit from them in establishing the concept of electronic management and implement it to serve the community.
13. provide an opportunity to develop and train employees and technicians as well as attract and recruit distinguished competencies to advance the university to the local and international level.